Blackpool is not just a summer resort. It is famous for its Illuminations which run from September through to November. However, there are events that run throughout the year – from the wonderful magic Showzam every February, to its great shows and events in The Winter Gardens. So why not click on the links belowto find out what’s going on?
We look forward to serving you.
• There are currently in the region of 10,500 specialist fish and chip shops in the UK.
• These dramatically outnumber other fast food outlets: McDonalds has only 1,200 outlets, Kentucky Fried Chicken 840.
• British consumers eat some 382 million portions of fish and chips every year. That's six servings for every man, woman and child.
• Annual spend on fish and chips in the UK is in the region of a staggering £1.2 billion!
• 80% of people visit fish and chip shops at least once a year.
• 22% of people visit fish and chip shops every week.
• 56% of people buy fish and chips to eat in the home as a family meal.
• Fish and chips make a balanced, nutritious meal. They are a valuable source of protein, fibre, iron and vitamins.
• Fish and chips provide a third of the recommended daily allowance of vitamins for a man and nearly half for a woman.
• An average portion of fish, chips and peas contains only 7.3% fat of which 2.8% is saturated fat. This compares with 10.8% fat in a pork pie and 16.8 grams you will find in a tuna mayonnaise sandwich.